"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Saturday 14 June 2014

You don't have to be bored or lonely...

... just do what Richard Dunn did - fill the time with a bit of harmless, clever and entertaining fun - and some music.

"When hit with flight delays, most of us tend to just idly wander around the departure lounge staring blearily at oversized bars of Toblerone and deciding whether to blow the last of our trip money on a U-shaped neck pillow that will in no way improve the chances of sleeping on the plane." http://www.independent.co.uk

http://www.independent.co.uk/
click on the link above to find out more... :)
Love it!! :D

Having been impossibly busy over the past few weeks, watching that video reminds me that I haven't had a dose of music in far too long, so now I'm going to plug in my MP3 earphones, take myself to the end of the property, and have a good sing... all by myself LOL

Just what I need to feed my soul today...

6 comments:

  1. I cant sing. But my Boss says she has noticed that I have a kind of a tick, that if I am stressed I start humming or very quietly singing hymns. I asked Posh Boy had he ever heard me. He said yes, that is normally the time you strut out into the garden and start weeding or staring at things like you are going to pull them up by the roots! In the winter I escape to the green house. I now have a little chair that folds out in there.

    How strange I default to hymns...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sol - Many years ago I used to be in the school choir, but, according to RMan that privilege has long since expired. Simon Cowell would have a fit if I opened my mouth in his hearing.

      I don't care - the tear-jerkier the song the better it makes me feel to squawk it out lol

      (Agonized facial expressions and arm movements like Richard Dunn included :D )

      Delete
  2. Music has a way of making things better, doesn't it. I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I love music and don't let my tone-deaf condition stop me from singing along. Loudly. But never where anyone can hear me. I'd hate to be responsible for permanent damage to someone's ears. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki - That it certainly does :) Yeah, I can't inflict others with my warbles either.

      LOL - apparently I am tone deaf now too - probably a result of blasting my ears with music through headphones / ear phones on the maximum setting. Ah, well, it was fun :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's hard to put the brakes on and just relax a little. You need it, though. You can run yourself right down into the ground if you don't rest some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry - It's a work related brain draining situation. Unfortunately, our national Revenue Service decided to change their requirements, and didn't take the time to fill in anyone "in the know" regarding their specific requirements, which entailed a whole bunch of head scratching and urgent, lengthy cross country telephone calls trying to sort it all out before and within the deadline period...

      Nerve wracking and unnecessary!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.