"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Monday 22 July 2013

Aangename Kennis ( Welcome :) )


Ingrid, from somewhere in South Africa, is the latest person to drop her finger on the followers button.  Judging from her posting of 9th March she is in the Centurion area, in Gauteng.
Ingrids blog can be found at: http://ravencm.blogspot.com/

Her profile reads:

"I am in my late forties and loving every moment. I live on a smallholding with hubby, 6 dogs and all other creatures that feel like being here at the moment. I love being in my garden, and trying new tricks to improve my herb harvest or getting new veggies planted, cooking up a storm or working on a brew for the fleas that pester my furr-babies without harming my frogs. And so life is all about living, here, and now. Feel free to sit a while. Have a coffee, and listen to my stories. Be Blessed."

Your recipe for baked potatoes looks yummy, and will work perfectly in my Rosie :)

Welcome Ingrid.  I appreciate it when people take the time to leave a comment, and always reply.  But it sometimes takes a little longer as it is dependent on the sun providing enough power to charge our solar batteries.

4 comments:

  1. Dani, Are you folks living completely off grid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry - Yes, we're completely of the electrical grid. 99% of our power is supplied by our solar panels, the last 1% being provided by a 6500watt petrol driven generator - for when RMan needs to use those more energy guzzling power tools.

      Our cooking is done on a 2 plate LP gas stove (which we removed from our old caravan) and our Nordica "Rosie" (wood fried stove) in winter, or my solar oven in summer :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Dani, I haven't popped by for a while so will have a catch up visit and read over some of your posts. I have added your blog to my sidebar so I can keep track of you :)

    Hope you are keeping well...

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tania - Nice to hear from you again :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.