"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Friday 24 February 2012

Welcome Chants Cottage

Continuing the introduction of new friends to old friends, please won't you join me in welcoming Chants Cottage who lives near Exeter, England
Chants Cottage, and her husband Jamie, moved from Yorkshire to Exeter in January this year.  They and their family live in a wonderful cottage - it looks lik the kind that fairy stories are made of :)  To quote from her blog "It's a few miles north of Dartmoor and a few miles west of Exeter on top of a draughty, but becoming hill".


Chants Cottage, I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow.  And, if I am on the farm it may take a little longer...LOL

4 comments:

  1. I am off to check them out!!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dani, and thank you for your lovely welcome and comments! I have to say that if our house is the kind that fairy stories are made of, well, at the moment, it's more Grimm than Disney but actually that's probably how I'd prefer it anyway... Really enjoying your site. Laughing (but crying inside) at the thought of finding things to do when it's too hot to go outside. At the moment it's a bit of a struggle to leave 'the warm room' in the cottage... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah - You're very welcome.

      Oh, for some cooler weather... I can't wait for winter, and lighting up our Dover stove to make it all snug and warm inside :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.