"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Sunday 30 October 2011

Fáilte

Continuing the introduction of new friends to old friends, welcome (fáilte) to Astra from Ireland.  She is another newbie blogger who is forging her path to self-sufficiency.
And I would LOVE to audibly hear your accent!  There's something about the Irish accent that grabs me deep down inside.  And I am so looking forward to following your journey as your described it in on your dream page.  Trust me, once you start on it you'll never look back :)


Astra, I reply to all comments (even those placed on old postings), but given the size of this planet, and the different time zones, it may not be today by your time, but will certainly be by tomorrow  LOL  But, you appear to be in my time zone, so unless you are a late night bird (commenter) you should get a response from me on the same day.


Thank you for following my blog.  It's so nice to have you with us... :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dani, thank you so much for your post about me! I am quite overwhelmed, since starting my wee blog I have had so many supportive messages and welcoming comments, but never a post! It means so much I'm nearly teary!
    I hope I've not been misleading, I am Irish, in my heart! This is my home, I love it and I've lived here for 5 years which is longer than any other country I've lived in, but I don't have an Irish accent, sorry, just a twang of it. My husband is 100% Irish and he does have a lovely accent, mine is a big mix of Irish, Australian, South African and English. As soon as we've been married 3 years I'll be the very proud owner of an Irish passport, I can't wait! So like I said I am Irish it's just my accent won't prove it :)
    I like the idea of putting a wee video up of us though, I'll dedicate it to you hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astra - I am of the belief that if you have taken the time to follow my blog, then the least I can do is welcome you properly :)

    Would love to know where you've travelled in South Africa, and how long you stayed here. Where are your origins?

    So, if I can hear your Irish accent, perhaps I should hear hubby's? :)

    Btw, I have a British passport - was born in Lincolnshire many years ago LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.